Independent of if a business it offers professional services, if its fort is the commerce in Internet or if she is a manufacturer of any type of material, when it thinks about opening itself to the world of digital marketing, the starting point must be the same. The webpage is the central pillar of any project of marketing online, but before putting it in the showcase it agrees to realise an analysis to know in what point is or what improvements need. That is to say, an audit Web in depth.
The audit Web is a detailed study of the Web, as much at visual level as technician, with whom to analyze its in a while certain state. It will allow us to know what improvement fronts we can explore - and explode, in what we have failed to date and what fatal errors we can be committing that they prevent to our webpage to appear in the first results of Google.
But how to realise an audit Web? It agrees to stand out that to audit a webpage a technical work is very specialized and that, although we can have certain slight knowledge or good eye for these subjects, is something reserved to professionals of the SEO and the development with flight hours to its backs.
Audit Web on the inside
First that we will have to analyze it is in what state is the structure of the Web beyond its visible side. There are problems that can even go beyond the appearance and the operation concerning user and that could penalize to us in excess. For example:
- There is duplicated content. Google hates it. The users hate it. And you also would have. To have copied content and patch in our Web is one of the worse ideas if we want to appear in a position privileged in the web search engines. If you do not want to go page by page looking for the content in Google until finding if it appears of identical form in other Webs, some tools of analysis can do it by you.
- Number of indexed pages. If the number of pages that appear in Google and the number of pages that has our Web is very different means that there is much work to do. Although some pages can not interest that they are positioned (for example, the legal text), agrees that the greater possible number of pages is indexed.
- Headed, titles and metadescripciones. Google, as good robot, still loses some shades. For that reason it is important that the Web perfectly is hierarchized and structured based on the key words that we want that it positions, from the main page to posts of the blog, happening through each and every one of the sections. That implies a work of headed (H1 the titles, H2 the secondary titles, H3¦) that it allows Google to know what is the important thing and of what treats each page, as well as the metadescripciones of each of them.
- Analysis of URLs. The webpages, especially those that have been more time in line, can be a reservoir of broken connections that will cause that Google is confused. Tools as Screaming Frog can help to find broken links us that they are by our Web thus to correct them. Also it is important to analyze linkbuilding, what I connect and since Webs take ours.
- Sitemap. Google penalizes to those Webs that do not have it. It is a step simple to realise at the same time and very important.
It analyzes the visible part of your Web
The audit Web, although has in its most important less visible part, also it can serve to us - as more subjective way to see if aesthetic and functionally the Web fulfills our objectives. Some of the main centers of improvement:
- Concept. It transmits the Web what we want? Do the images reflect who we are, what we do or what we sell? They are the attractive texts for a visitor who does not know us? Are the colors coherent with the corporative image name brand? Until all those questions cannot be responded with a yes full one, we will not have finished.
- Presence of CTAs. The Call To Action are a fundamental part of any webpage. Without getting to overload, its presence must be well-known in the different sections from the Web, of visible and showy form for the users. Also he is applicable to the contact data: we do not put it difficult to that it wants to realise a consultation and it does not find how to do it of simple way.
- Usability. Another round of questions: Adapt well all the does content to movable devices? They respond of agile way all the options of navigation and functionalities of the Web? Is the time of load sufficiently fast as not frightening to anybody? All those questions must be answered with yes.